Manager of Engineering (Facilities/Construction)Unpublished
Principals only please for this one. No agencies.
The work of the Manager of Engineering involves coordinating and monitoring the work of the Engineering Department to verify that the needs of all projects related to material procurement, shop drawing preparation, and shop support are met.
The Manager of Engineering is responsible for regularly reviewing the status of all projects with the responsible Project Managers to determine that shop drawing and material procurement schedules are being met and that work of the Department is satisfactory with respect to the successful completion of each project.
The Manager of Engineering assigns personnel to projects and supervises all personnel within the department. The Manager of Engineering provides technical expertise and leadership to the Department staff and all other parts of the organization and managemnt where engineering assistance is requested.
The Manager of Engineering is responsible for the development, maintenance and enforcement of the technical requirements and standards used in the completion of the Department's work. In addition, the Manager of Engineering is responsible for the training, continuing education and growth of all persons within the Department. The Manager of Engineering shall provide an excellent professional role model in both personal conduct and the completion of his/her duties.
Minimum qualifications for the Manager of Engineering are:
- A Professional Engineering License in Civil, Mechanical , Construction or Architectural Engineering
- Four years post-licensure experience in the design and construction of facilities including two years of verifiable project management responsibility
- One year of verifiable experience in the supervision of administrative, professional and paraprofessional personnel
- Competency in the production of two-dimensional orthographic drawings for fabrication of components and two or three-dimensional drawings required for field erection or installation
- Competency in the operation of the computer programs Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD, as well as the use of email and the internet.
Required characteristics of the Manager of Engineering:
- A professional mind set with a strong desire to be a supportive leader and an effective member of a winning construction industry team
- A focus on serving the needs of clients, colleagues and others by setting a personal example of performing excellent work day in and day out and by encouraging the same behavior in others
- Ability and willingness to regularly contribute constructive and creative ideas for the improvement of the company's operation and its ability to cost effectively and professionally serve the needs of an ever growing list of clients
- Enjoyment of mentoring others and one's work.