Principals only please for this one. No agencies.
The work of the Lead Detailer involves reviewing and identifying the needs of a project related to shop fabrication, working with Project Managers to determine schedules, pre-ordering materials,preparation and checking of fabricating drawings, bills of material, cutting and shipping lists, and assisting in the planning and coordination of shop fabricating activities.
The Lead Detailer supervises detailing staff assigned for the completion of a project, prepares Requests for Information required for clarification of Contract Documents and assists the Project Manager in all areas relatedto the preparation of fabricating drawings, coordination of deliveries and resolution of fabrication related problems in the shop or at the Project Site. The Lead Detailer provides technical expertise and leadership to the detailing staff and assistance to the Project Manager.
Minimum qualifications for a Lead Detailer are:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Construction or Architectural Engineering orEngineering Technology.
- Four years post-graduation experience in the construction of facilities including one year of verifiable project leadership responsibility;
- OR Five years post-graduation experience in the design of facilities with at least one year of verifiable project leadership experience;
- OR Five years experience in the production of fabricating drawings for structural or heavy plate steel fabrications or pipeline infrastructure projects.
- Competency in reading and correctly interpreting design drawings and sketches produced byarchitects, consulting engineers, contractors, industrial engineering departments and others.
- Competency in the production of two-dimensional orthographic drawings for fabrication ofcomponents and two or three-dimensional drawings required for field erection or installation.
- Competency in the use of the English language in speaking and writing clear, concise and effective directions, explanations and instructions.
- Competency in the operation of the computer programs Word, Excel, Microsoft Project andAutoCAD, as well as the use of email and the internet.
Required characteristics of the Lead Detailer include:
- A professional mind set with a strong desire to be a supportive and effective member of a winning construction industry team.
- A focus on serving the needs of the clients, colleagues and others through the performance of excellent work, day in and day out.
- Ability and willingness to regularly contribute constructive and creative ideas for theimprovement of the company's operation and its ability to cost effectively and professionally serve the needs of an ever growing list of clients.
- Enjoyment of one’s work.