Principals only please for this one. No agencies. Cannot offer relocation at this time. This role, which will start as contract but with option to hire, involves managing multiple product development manufacturing projects including managing schedules, budgets, and interfacing with all key project stakeholders as required.
Overview of Duties/Responsibilities:
- Participate in prospective project activities including assisting the Regional Sales Managers with project proposals, RFPs, preliminary budgets, and schedules as needed.
- Oversee project initiation activities including ensuring that a Project Charter with all relevant items has been created and signed off on.
- Ensure that the priority of each project’s resources, timelines, and constraints, is understood by all stakeholders, as determined by senior management.
- Perform project planning including adopting and tailoring all organizational project procedures to suit each project. This would include planning and developing key project documents such as schedules, budgets, project organization charts, communication management plans, and labor and non-labor resource plans.
- Assist in the acquisition of project personnel as required.
- Ensure that all customer requirements are documented and understood by the project team.
- Anticipate, identify, document and manage any risk to the project’s objectives.
- Oversee project execution including reporting project status to key stakeholders, handling issues as they arise, and taking corrective action as needed.
- Ensure that any changes which may impact project objectives are handled effectively by the change control system.
- Track work progress of the project team and verify that deliverables are meeting quality and schedule requirements. Update the schedule and budget with project progress on a periodic basis and report any issues to management in an expeditious manner.
- Lead the project team towards successful completion of all phase/gate deliverables and represent the project at cross-functional team gate reviews
- Monitor and approve all project expenditures
- Ensure that all required project documentation is managed appropriately and that all key project artifacts are archived per the organization’s file management process.
- Ensure at project closeout that the customer has validated and accepted all project deliverables and sign-off has occurred.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project at closeout, conducting a lessons learned and filing with the project archive.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Associate or Bachelor degree in engineering or product development
- Three (3) years in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of five (5) years managing projects, preferably in a product development environment
- Proficiency with the MS Office tool suite, especially Microsoft Project and Excel
- Effective communication and soft skills including written and presentation skills
- Adept at facilitating meetings
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with experience effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously
- PMP certification highly desired